Collagen supplements have been consumed by men and women around the world for years.
They’re known to help improve the skin and body in many different ways, including skin structure and texture and slow down anti-aging. No wonder many people take them daily!
However, Japanese collagen supplements are on a league of their own.
They have a huge variety of collagen supplements that are extremely popular to the market; so popular, in fact, that they’re widely available at most drugstores and supermarkets in the country over there!
Thank god, they can also purchase them online!
If you’re looking to add some effective collagen supplements into your daily skincare routine, have a read of our 10 best Japanese collagen supplements here.
What Is Collagen?
But first, what is collagen?
Collagen is a type of protein that works to increase the production and ensure the maintenance of tissues within our skin, bones, muscles, hair, and joints.
As we age, the naturally occurring collagen in our bodies begin to break down and slow down. When our bodies begin to lack the necessary amounts of collagen, effects such as skin concerns, joint issues, and weaker bones start to happen.
To reduce these unwanted effects in and on our bodies, collagen supplements are taken to slow down its impact.
What Are The Health Benefits of Taking Collagen Supplements?
There are many health benefits to taking collagen supplements.
- Skin elasticity: this is when collagen helps to form a protective skin barrier which assists in preventing wrinkles, dry skin and fine lines. Collagen supplements will also boost natural hydration in the skin and help retain its youthful structure.
- Reduce joint pain: many people take collagen supplements to target and relieve joint pain by strengthening cartilage tissues.
- Promote healthy bones: collagen supplements will help slow down the process of aging, brittle bones. It assists in maintaining healthy bones, which is especially important for older people.
Now, let’s dive into our list of the 10 best Japanese collagen supplements we recommend you to use.
1. Eisai Chocola BB Collagen
For those aiming to take collagen supplements for skin texture and beauty, the Eisai Chocola BB Collagen is one of the best in the field.
Eisai is best known in Japan for its ‘Chocola’ brand. Chocola is a series of products which works to target and reduce any signs of skin troubles.
The Chocola BB Collagen contains up to 600mg of low-molecular collagen, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, niacin, and pantothenic acid. These active ingredients, alongside many others, work together to boost skin turnover, which will eventually lead to glowing new skin.
This collagen supplement also works to create barriers between the skin layers which helps with long-term skin protection.
- Contains 7 active ingredients
- Works to boost skin cell turnover
- Produces protective barriers between the skin layers
2. Shiseido The Collagen Powder
Shiseido are without a doubt a dominating brand in the Japanese skincare industry, and their market-leading The Collagen Powder is no different.
This Japanese collagen supplement is available in tablet, powder, or liquid form. However, the most popular form would be the powder, as it can be mixed in and consumed with your everyday food and beverages.
The Collagen Powder contains 5000mg of collagen per serving, and it boasts two patented Shiseido ingredients that work together to boost your skin and hair beauty.
- Formulated with collagen, hyaluronic acid, and ceramide
- Available in tablet, liquid, or powder form
- Improves skin and hair
3. Meiji Amino Collagen Powder Premium
Established just under a century ago, the Meiji brand is synonymous with quality and results in Japan; in particular, it’s Amino Collagen Premium is one of the most popular in the market.
It contains a high concentration of collagen content and is also formulated with a myriad of ingredients to improve your skin as well as your hair.
Want shining new skin and healthy, luscious hair? Mix this powder in with your favourite food and drinks and away you go!
- Formulated with a deep concentration of collagen
- Improves skin and hair health
- Easy powder form
4. Asahi Perfect Asta Collagen Powder Premier Rich
This highly rated Japanese collagen supplement contains a whopping 5500mg of collagen. It is derived from fish and animals, but smells and tastes surprisingly pleasant.
It is effective as an anti-aging supplement as it contains 16 types of beauty ingredients which combat aging, including placenta, royal jelly, and Swallow’s nest.
- Contains 5500mg of collagen
- Derived from fish and animals
- Contains up to 16 different types of ingredients targeting anti-aging
5. FANCL Deep Charge Collagen Powder
The FANCL Deep Charge Collagen had to make it to our list of the 10 best Japanese collagen supplements!
It is actually considered one of the ‘cleanest’ collagen supplements in the market. Whilst other collagen supplements might contain active ingredients, it cancels out if it also contains high amounts of additives.
This collagen supplement is formulated without any artificial colouring and preservatives. It contains 3000mg of patented HTC fish collagen, vitamin C, and rose bud extract.
It works to supercharge and support skin beauty, and is widely available in tablet, powder, liquid and jelly form.
- Contains vitamin C and rosebud extract
- Contains 3000mg of patented HTC fish collagen
- Absorbs quickly
- Free from artificial colouring and preservatives
6. Tsubaki Ageless Beauty Collagen Drink
With a name like that, you’d expect this collagen drink to reverse time and give you that youthful complexion again – and it does.
Read More: Best Japanese Anti-Aging Products
This fan-favourite collagen supplement contains a delicious blend of marine collagen peptides. It also contains hyaluronic acid which works to hydrate, lock in and retain the moisture levels in your skin, keeping it soft and supple throughout the day.
It also works to firm your skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a radiant glow like no other.
- Formulated with marine collagen peptides
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- Firms skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
7. FINE Hyaluronic and Collagen Powder
For a Japanese collagen supplement that is an all-rounder, benefiting your skin, hair, and nails, the FINE Hyaluronic and Collagen Powder is your best bet.
As one of the most popular Japanese collagen powders, it’s known for its rapid effects and subtle taste, meaning it can be mixed in with all of your favourite drinks.
You’ll notice your skin looking more radiant and firmer after the first dosage.
- Improves skin, hair and nail health
- Improves skin elasticity
- Gives you a glowing complexion
- Can be mixed in with any drink
8. Dear-Natura Low Molecular Weight Collagen
This Japanese collagen supplement boasts vitamin C, B1, B2, and B6. It helps maintain the health of the skin and hair.
Active ingredients in this supplement will deeply penetrate the skin, improve skin cell turnover, boost immunity, and preserve youth and skin elasticity.
- Contains vitamin C, B1, B2, and B6
- Maintains health of skin and hair
- Improves skin elasticity
- Low molecular weight collagen
9. AFC Japan Collagen White Beauty
Looking for a collagen supplement that targets the skin elasticity and dark spots?
The AFC Japan Collagen White Beauty is known for its highly effective targeting of lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and acne scars. It actively works to reverse the signs of aging and whiten skin.
It is formulated with MCP-EX Marine Collagen Peptides, which is better at absorbing into the body than regular collagen.
- Formulated with MCP-EX Marine Collagen Peptides, 1.5 times better at absorption
- Reverses signs of aging (targets lines and wrinkles)
- Whitens skin (targets dark spots and acne scars)
10. Meiji Amino Collagen
This pink-packaged collagen supplement is super Kawaii, isn’t it?
It contains fish ingredients and it is packed with low molecular fish collagen. However, it smells and tastes nothing like it!
It boasts high-absorption fish-derived collagen peptide, and is available in a powder that is easy to mix in with liquid drinks and food.
Its ingredients work together to improve skin hydration and increase skin elasticity.
- Contains high-absorption fish-derived collagen peptide
- Odorless powder; can be consumed with drinks
- Helps with skin hydration and elasticity
When it comes to improving skin and hair health, there are a myriad of Japanese beauty products out there that can help. From serums to moisturizers, to masks and toners, you can easily choose an option that works for you and your skin.
However, if you’re looking for a hassle-free, convenient and affordable option, Japanese collagen supplements are a great option.
They’re formulated with highly beneficial ingredients, show results in a short amount of time, and are all easily available online right now!